After a troubling, yet exciting week the Random Theming Crisis of Strictly 2017 claims a big name in nailed-on finalist Aston Merrygold. Ellie, Emily and Mum Julia analyse the dances, the frocks and the hoopla. There is quite a lot of hoopla.
We lost some of the podcast during recording, and then found some of it during editing. So Ellie frankensteined the two files into a single show and now we’re here for the hoopla. Apologies if there are any logical inconsistencies, spooky time travel interludes or unexplained half jokes. Or more than usual anyway. Ellie is joined by Lisa and Jon to lurk in the shadows and discuss Halloween week.
Tonight’s burning questions:
- Does Anton du Beke have a pair of jeans?
- Are the Reithian values are disgust, delight and defame?
- Some people don’t like music, which makes it hard for them to dance
- Has Ellie discovered the human facial expression ‘smiling’
- The medium sized dragon is back. Why is it emblematic of everything Strictly stands for
- Do they play Kylie at the Polo?
- Why isn’t Alexandra Burke a global megastar yet?
- If Blondes have more fun, why do only Brunettes do the Charleston?
- What does Smells Like Teen Spirit mean for the Strictly Christmas Special?
Movie Week! We take our film criticism very seriously indeed and get into Jonnie’s posterior positioning, swoon over Susan’s samba, debate Debbie in-depth and get swept away to the Russian romance of Joe’s VW.
And who will win Frock of the Week? Or for that matter, Wig of the Week?
This week’s panel: Ellie, Lisa, Ann, Emily & Julia
Over on Twitter we like to spread dance joy through the medium of GIFS. Here’s the crop from Week 2!