The Chalkley family go to see the Strictly Live Tour en masse, and have views on glitter, merchandise and problems distinguishing badgers from badges.
It’s the shortest show of the Strictly year and we’re off to the musicals, darling. We’re also very cross about the animosity towards two of our leading ladies in various dark corners of the internet, so buckle in.
- Mollie King’s playlist for her crush
- The difference between a sticky wicket and a shoogly peg
- For some reason we bring up the mild childhood trauma that is Philip Schofield as Joseph
- Christine in Phantom never getting her gusset out
- We imagine the horror of a 50 Shades Musical
- The weirdest training VT ever
After a troubling, yet exciting week the Random Theming Crisis of Strictly 2017 claims a big name in nailed-on finalist Aston Merrygold. Ellie, Emily and Mum Julia analyse the dances, the frocks and the hoopla. There is quite a lot of hoopla.
We lost some of the podcast during recording, and then found some of it during editing. So Ellie frankensteined the two files into a single show and now we’re here for the hoopla. Apologies if there are any logical inconsistencies, spooky time travel interludes or unexplained half jokes. Or more than usual anyway. Ellie is joined by Lisa and Jon to lurk in the shadows and discuss Halloween week.
Tonight’s burning questions:
- Does Anton du Beke have a pair of jeans?
- Are the Reithian values are disgust, delight and defame?
- Some people don’t like music, which makes it hard for them to dance
- Has Ellie discovered the human facial expression ‘smiling’
- The medium sized dragon is back. Why is it emblematic of everything Strictly stands for
- Do they play Kylie at the Polo?
- Why isn’t Alexandra Burke a global megastar yet?
- If Blondes have more fun, why do only Brunettes do the Charleston?
- What does Smells Like Teen Spirit mean for the Strictly Christmas Special?
Strictly is working its way through the stragglers, like raptors in Jurassic park. In this week of random theming and random Bruno disappearances, we struggle with AJ’s dock, adore Jonnie and Oti’s supermarket sweep and come up with a new and exciting theme week that involves a Charleston to the theme to One Foot In The Grave. Ellie, Lisa, Ann and Richard also go on a lengthy digression about steampunk. Visit www.keepdancingpodcast.com for news and back episodes.
Is it really never too early for a ten from Shirley? That’s just one of the questions we seek to answer this week.
Ellie is joined by Lisa, Ann, Richard and new voice Jon for almost 2 hours of Strictly analysis, deconstruction and general larking about. With pirouetting bananas, inexplicable doorframes and Charlotte obtaining her freedom.
Movie Week! We take our film criticism very seriously indeed and get into Jonnie’s posterior positioning, swoon over Susan’s samba, debate Debbie in-depth and get swept away to the Russian romance of Joe’s VW.
And who will win Frock of the Week? Or for that matter, Wig of the Week?
This week’s panel: Ellie, Lisa, Ann, Emily & Julia